Monday 24 March 2008

A 'borrowed' recipe

Pin It Now!

Kalofagas is one of the blogs I subscribe to in my Google Reader and the other day there was a recipe posted that I knew straight away I had to try. Peter, who writes the blog, called it 'Army of Baked Vegetables', and you can have a look at it here.

I made it last night, as I thought it would go well with our lamb chops, which I wanted to keep simple, seasoned with rosemary and garlic. I'm glad I did try it, the flavours are great. You get a real sweetness from the caramelised onions contrasted by the acidity from the tomatoes and the parmesan and breadcrumbs add a nice texture.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now my dish didn't look like an army, as I only had normal aubergines (eggplants), which of course meant they were much larger than the courgette (zucchini) and the cherry tomatoes I used. Plus I arranged them in a round flan dish as I halved the recipe and didn't have enough to fill my large square roasting tray. Of course that didn't affect the flavour though and I'll definitely make this again and maybe next time I'll have regimented lines, too. I could imagine these as a great side dish for a BBQ, as they taste just as good cold.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Sylvia said...

Peter's blog is one of my favorite,as well . Your baked vegetable looks delicious.

Peter M said...

Sylvie, I wouldn't be too worried about not getting the "army" right but you made up with your succulent lamb chops...hark, I hear Spring coming!

Thanks for the mention and happy cooking!

test it comm said...

Nice looking lamb and roast vegetable dinner. I have been enjoying lamb lately.

Marie Rayner said...

Your interpretationn looks temptingly delicious Sylvie! I am a big fan of Peter's as well!

Ginny said...

Delicious! I love the vegetables!

Abitofafoodie said...

I spotted this recipe too on Peter's blog - so colourful! Your lamb chops look wonderful too. Yum.