Monday 14 April 2008

A thank you

Pin It Now!

One of the steadily growing number of blogs I subscribe to in my Google Reader is It's Melissa's Kitchen. When I first came across it I never realised that like me Melissa is quite new to blogging, I just really liked her blog and as with all the blogs I like, I started to leave little comments. Now, Melissa has just posted her 50th post (coincidentally so did I) and she wanted to make it special, so she started a new award, which she called the 'You Keep me Blogging Award' and best of all she gave it to me. I couldn't believe it.

So, Melissa, here is a big THANK YOU, but now comes the hard part, I don't want to keep it to myself, so I'm gonna have to think of somebody to pass it on to. Somebody, who through their encouragement and comments keeps me switching the computer on, logging in and rambling about what's happening in my kitchen. I'll think about it for a couple of days, as there are quite a few people who'd deserve it and while I do that, I'll try and come up with a little logo thingy to pass on as well.

Photobucket

14 comments:

Melissa said...

Sorry I added to your award the task of making a logo thingy too! I will try to work on it also...maybe my photoshop skills have improved in my sleep! And Happy 50!!!

Jan said...

Aww that is so nice - Melissa's site (I've just had a peek is excellent!)
But then so is yours Sylvie!
And remember Sylvie - you got me blogging too!!!!!

Sylvie said...

Melissa, I've done one. It's not so great, but I'll send it to you and then you can have a look if you like it, or come up with one.

Jan, I'm glad I got you into it with the help of Marie and Julie.

Sylvie said...

Melissa, I just realised you haven't got a contact on you blog. I you e-mail e I'll get back to you if you like.

Maggie said...

Welcome to the world of foodblogging and I hope you have fun and make lots of friends within the community. Mx

Angela said...

50 already Sylvie!
I really enjoy reading your blog and seeing the lovely pictures you take.

Marie Rayner said...

Wow, I'm amazed that it is 50 posts already Sylvie! time sure flies when you're having fun doesn't it! Well deserved award Sylvie! I'm sure you'll have no problems coming up with a logo. You take such lovely photos. I have loved this one of yours for a very long time now!

Rosie said...

Congrats on your award Sylvie and 50 posts already wow! I really do enjoy reading your blog and viewing your beautiful photos.

I must sneak over to Melissa's site to take a peek now :)

Rosie x

Gloria Baker said...

Congrats by the award Sykvie and you 50 post. I like so your blog dear.xxxGloria

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

A well deserved award Sylvie:D

Gillian said...

just wanted to pop in and say hello :) I'm originally from England (Lake District) but have been living in San Diego, California for the last 17 years. I miss home so much (I think what I really miss is a half-decent cup of tea!)
Found your blog through Melissa who gave you your award - I'll be checking back frequently :)

Sylvie said...

Magaret, Angela, Marie, Rosie, Gloria, belini vali and gillian, thanks for all your lovely and encouraging comments. I can't believe it's 50 posts already either.

Mary said...

congrats on the award! the pic in your post is gorgeous!

Nic said...

I love your blog Sylvie, great writing and photos.... and fab food!