Tuesday 1 June 2010

Rockamole

Pin It Now!

Another month has passed without me doing much blogging. It looks like I'm having too much of a good time enjoying myself and no time left for much experimenting in the kitchen. My flat seems to be a transitional place at the moment, where I come to change, dump my stuff and sleep.

Last Friday part of the having a good time was inviting some friends round for a little food, drink and a bit of a boogie though, so I seized the oppertunity to try a couple of new recipes. One of those I found in Nigella's Express cook book. A really simple and of course 'express' recipe for a guacomole with a twist. The blue cheese goes brilliantly with the avocado. I went down a treat and I think the name makes it even more perfect for a party! I didn't have jalapenos in, so here is my version using dried chili flakes.

Photobucket

Rockamole

125gr Roquefort or St. Augur cheese
60ml sour cream
2 ripe avocados, peeled and stone removed
1/2 tsp dried chili flakes
2 spring onions, finely sliced
a pinch of sweet parika

Crumble the cheese into a bowl and mix it with the sourcream.

Add the avocado and chili flakes and mash, using a fork until you reach the desired consistency and everything is combined.

Stir in the spring onions.

Sprinkle with a little paprika and serve straight away.

As with any guacomole, the avocado means that the dip will turn brown after a couple of hours, so it's best to make it at the last minute, but a minute is all it takes.

7 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I love this twist on a classic. Rock it does:D

Anonymous said...

Ich liebe Blauschimmelkaese, habe ihn aber noch nie in meiner Guac probiert. Very interesting. Thanks.

Marie Rayner said...

Oh mmm . . . sounds great Sylvie. You can't beat Nigella!

Gloria Baker said...

This look absolutely yummy Sylvie!! gloria

Helen (Fuss Free Flavours) said...

That sounds lovely! I am a huge fan of chilli flakes - all the flavour and not so much of the heat.

Sylvie said...

Val, the flavours go really well together.

My Kitchen in the Rockies, fuer mich war das auch neu, aber obwohl das erste mal, ganz bestimmt nicht das letzte.

Marie, she gets it right most of the time, doesn't she?!

Thanks, Gloria.

Helen, I agree and they keep easier than fresh chili or jalapenos.

test it comm said...

Blue cheese in a gucamole sounds so good!