Friday 29 July 2011

Easy Cherry Tomato and Feta Tart

Pin It Now!

Even if you can't cook you can make this tart and impress at a party.

I made four of them for the annual Cherry Berry party yesterday, two with thyme and two with basil. There are always so many sweets on offer I thought something savoury would be a good idea. It was great with the Greek Salad that L. had made.

A big thanks to L. for organising it this year.

I., if you're reading, this is one for you, much easier than cheesecake!

Photobucket

Easy Cherry Tomato and Feta Tart (serves 4)

1 large sheet of ready-made puff pastry (375g)
250g feta cheese
30-40 cherry or baby plum tomatoes, halved
fresh basil, thyme or oregano, to taste
freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Preheat your oven to 180C/Gas4.

Cut the large sheet of pastry in half (or you can leave it as one if you prefer/cut it into small individual portions) and score line around all four edges about 2cm in.

Crumble 3/4 of the feta cheese over the pastry, leaving the scored edge free.

Top with the tomatoes and crumble the rest of the feta over the top.

Season with freshly ground black pepper. You won't need salt as the feta is salty enough.

Bake for 15 minutes, sprinkle with herbs of your choice and return to the oven for another 5-10minutes until the pastry is golden brown and cooked through.

Serve hot or cold.

Enjoy!

7 comments:

Gloria Baker said...

Hi Sylvie I love these type of tarts, look amazing and delicious, gloria

Unknown said...

what an easy recipe, and so pretty and rustic.

Karen S Booth said...

That looks wonderful Sylvie, just my kind of food!
Karen/FT

Unknown said...

Fabulous tart that makes use of summers fresh produce.

Susan@Holly Grove said...

Oh, sorry I missed this year's event. I hope it all went well, by the look of your tart the standard was high.

Weathered & Worn said...

Sounds delicious! I printed the recipe to give it a try. Thanks for sharing!

Heidi @ Food Doodles said...

That looks so yummy! I love using sheets of puff pastry, but I've never used them for anything savory. I'll have to give it a try because it looks great!