Monday 13 April 2009

Easter Nests

Pin It Now!

My visitors are still in bed, so I thought I'd quickly share one of the treats we made on Saturday, before I start getting the requested full English Breakfast on the go. I know N likes a full English, but I'm not to sure how it'll go down with L. We'll see, if everything fails L will have to just have fried egg on toast with baked beans.

Okay, back to the Easter treats. The girls made them on Saturday together with my friend's daughter V. Easter Nests are really easy to make and I'm sure most people have had them before or at least seen them around. They are very similar to rice crispie treats, the only difference being that they use cornflakes instead of the crispies and that they get topped with chocolate eggs for Easter.



Easter Nests (makes 16)

125gr milk chocolate
100gr dark chocolate
50gr butter
2 tbsp golden syrup (or corn syrup)
100gr cornflakes
16 paper muffin cases

Melt the chocolate and butter in a large pan over medium heat.

When it has melted, stir in the golden syrup and mix well.

Add the cornflakes and carefully stir them in. Make sure they get coated evenly with the chocolate mix and try not to crush them.

Place the paper liners in a muffin tin and divide the cornflake mixture between them.

Using the back of a teaspoon, shape them into a nest by making a little dent in the middle of each of them.

Place into the fridge for 30 minutes to chill and set.

When set and cool, place coloured chocolate eggs into each nest to finish.

13 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Happy Easter Sylvie. I love your nests. I did some of these last year but with the Rice Crispies. Kids just love em!

Anonymous said...

My sister made some this year with Shredded Wheat, which looks much more like nests, although may not be to the taste of most children.

I made some with Rice Krispies, as that's what I had, but with dark chocolate.

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

These sound like fun for the kids to make:D

Deborah said...

What a fun treat!

Ginny said...

Yummy! I hope you had a wonderful Easter!

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

Those look like dinosaur eggs to me! Dangerous, but yummy :)

Gloria Baker said...

Love yours nests Sylvie are soooo cute!!! lovely!! Happy Easter to you too!!! xxGloria

Nic said...

I love these little treats!
Happy Easter Sylvie!

Maggie said...

I love these little crispy Easter nests. They look wonderful.

Sylvie said...

Marie, I like the rice crispie ones too.

MattW, I bet shredded wheat ones look great!

Val, they did enjoy themselves.

Deborah, they are.

Ginny, thanks. You too.

Holler, we got a bag with three different sized ones. The large ones were huge.

Gloria, Nic and Margaret, thank you!

Alfie said...

these are so great.....they look so pretty, and I love that you've used different sized eggs!

Web Designing said...

your food.. they look all tasty

Outsourcing Manila said...

that is so wonderful, thanks for sharing it.