Friday 22 February 2008

Leftovers

Pin It Now!

It's been one of those weeks. I've had quite a few late nights at work and as a result not much proper cooking has gone on this week. When it's like that I'm always glad if I have some leftovers in the fridge.

I know some people don't like leftovers much, but I do. You just got to be creative with them, so that nobody will actually feel like they are eating leftovers. I still had quite a bit of the roast chicken I made on Sunday, so rather than just having the obligatory roast chicken sandwiches, I made some Spicy Chicken Parcels, using my George Foreman Grill on Wednesday night.

This isn't really a recipe as such as the amounts vary depending on what's in but I'll try and describe what I usually do.

Photobucket


Chicken Salsa Parcels

leftover roast chicken, shredded ( I had a tiny bit of breast meat, one leg and thigh and the wings left which was enough for 4 parcels)
2/3 tub of fresh hot salsa (the stuff you find with the dips in the supermarket)
8 cherry vine tomatoes, quartered
a large handful of grated cheese
1/4 tsp ground cumin
4 flour tortillas

Photobucket

Mix the shredded chicken, salsa, tomatoes, cheese and cumin together.

Divide between the tortillas and fold up into parcels.

Place seam side down onto your pre-heated George Foreman or Panini Grill and grill for 7-10 minutes.

Serve with sour cream or guacomole and a tossed salad.

If you don't have a George Foreman Grill (I only do because we were given one by D.'s stepmum, which is actually the most useful present she ever got us, saying a lot about her usual presents, as I only get it out once or maybe twice a month and probably wouldn't replace it if it broke. I know I'm being ungrateful. Sorry.) you can place the parcels seam-side down on a baking tray, brush with a little oil and bake them at 180C for for about 25 minutes instead.

Photobucket


4 comments:

Jules said...

I love leftovers and this is a fab way of using them. Thanks for sharing.
xx

Nic said...

Great way to use up the leftovers Sylvie - but I'd be making these anyway 'cos they look delicious!

Marie Rayner said...

oh yum!! Those look really good!!!

test it comm said...

This sounds like a great way to use some leftover chicken.