Monday 11 February 2008

Thai Green Curry

Pin It Now!

I didn't really stick to my plan properly again last week and for this week I haven't bothered making a definite one. I've got some meals in mind, such as Jacket Potatoes, BLT Wraps and Spicy Midnight Soup, but we've got quite a few things on this week and some late nights at work coming up, so I know that I'll probably switch and change things anyways.

We did have the Thai Green Curry as planned last week, even though it was on Friday instead of Thursday. I have to admit to buying the ready-made green curry paste that comes in a jar quite often and very rarely cook Thai from scratch, but as long as all the other ingredients are fresh I really don't mind. It's quick, easy and really yummy. The amounts of some ingredients are not measured exactly as it doesn't matter if there is a bit more or less of something. You can also add some julienned carrot and some fresh coriander.

Photobucket

Thai Green Curry with Spinach and King Prawns for two

1/2 onion, roughly chopped
2tbsp Thai green curry paste
1/2tsp freshly grated ginger
1/2tbsp nam pla (Thai Fish Sauce)
1 red pepper, sliced
1pkt king prawns, shelled and cleaned

1/2 can reduced fat coconut milk
1/2pkt baby leaf spinach, washed

Heat a little oil in a wok and stir fry the onion until starting to soften, but not turning brown.

Add the curry paste, nam pla and ginger and stir fry for another minute before adding the prawns. Cook until the prawns are turning pink all over.

Add the peppers and coconut milk, stir well and cook for another couple of minutes.

Add the spinach and some cooked noodles (or the Straight to Wok Noodles you can buy everywhere) and stir until everything is heated through and the spinach is wilted.




1 comment:

Marie Rayner said...

this looks delicious, as usual Sylvie! I can't eat prawns because of a seafood allergy but I may give this a try with some chicken. Will let you know how I get on!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/