Sunday 30 March 2008

It's Summer Time

Pin It Now!

Here in the UK the clocks finally went forward to Summer Time last night, so that can only mean one thing (apart from missing an hour of sleep)...more light to photograph food in!

It makes such a huge difference and I'm always looking forward to the time of year where I have enough light at dinner time. My kitchen lighting isn't that bad, but nothing can beat natural lighting apart from maybe a photo studio. But since I don't happen to have one around at home and I'm not gonna start taking plated up meals into work to use the studio there (they already think I'm strange enough), my dining room window sill in daylight will do just fine!

Happy Summer Time and I'll leave you with one that I did earlier....

Photobucket

Prosciutto & Cheese Flatbread

8 small flour tortillas
150gr italian prosciutto
200gr gruyere cheese, thinly sliced
salt
pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
handful of rocket (optional)

Place half of the tortillas flat onto a work surface.

Divide the prosciutto ham between them and top with the gruyere.

Top with the four remaining tortillas.

Heat a little olive oil in a large skillet, add one tortilla sandwich at a time and cook on medium heat for approximately 2-3 minutes before carefully turning and cooking the other side for a further 2-3 minutes.

Remove from pan and keep warm whilst cooking the remaining tortillas.

Cut into wedges and serve with fresh rocket.


5 comments:

Jan said...

Now they look really delish Sylvie - I want to make some!

Nic said...

Yay for more light!
These look scrummy Sylvie - you know how to make a girl hungry!

test it comm said...

Those flatbreads sound simple and look tasty.

Anonymous said...

This look wonderful. Anything with gruyere cheese works for me.

Abitofafoodie said...

Looks wonderful!

Hooray for more light indeed - it is still not quite light enough when I get home from work, but will be soon. I can't wait!